In the locality, a skyscraper of the paleolitic period, fragments of amphoras and different building materials of Roman age were found. In the XVII century it was an estate of the Levizzani family; in 1724 it was purchased by the Duke of Modena and donated to Carlotta Aglae, wife of the Crown Prine. It was then restored by Orazio Batesi and it served for a few years as a summer residence (1724-1727) waiting for the completion of the palace of Rivalta. The pictorial activity of Pellegrino Spaggiari and Giovanni Zanarchi could refer to this period, with decorations now lost but witnessed by Tiraboschi and Campori. At the beginning of the eighteenth century. there were two oratories; the one dedicated to the Nativity of Christ, of the Levizzani, and one laready named in the Visit of Rinaldo d'Este in 1652, then property of Mr. Biagio Tassi, it passed later to the Zuccoli. In 1765 the building was in poor conditions and in 1782 Duke Ercole III sold it to Bartolomeo Corbelli. The complex was completeley renovated by Luigi Ferrari Corbelli on a design by Paolo Croppi in 1856. The architect added rooms on each side of the older bilding thus greatly enlarging the mansion and reducing the facades to their current appearance. On that occasion there is news of decorations made by Girolamo Magnani, Zivieri and Luigi Casali Bassi. In two large rooms used as storage remain plaster and paintings with various decorations and putti; in one of these above the frame is visible the inscription "Pasquale Zambini, painter - 1859 - Antonio Bernasconi, plasterer, he is also responsible for the plaster of the entrance hall of the owners' house and another room. Some rooms have interesting ceiling paintings including a fake balustrade with four landscapes signed by Alfonso Beccaluva, vases wuth flowers of eigtheenth-cenury taste and female figures. On the upper floor there is a room with decorations and landscapes attributed to Casali Bassi. The mansion develops a compact rectangular volume, oriented longitudinally in the north-south direction, developed on two main levels and mezzanines. The roof is four-pitched, scalar, crowned at the top by a skylight. The vestment is in ashlar; a string track emphasizes the main floor. The lights are oblong, regular, with a round arch and symmetrically distributed. Of particular interest are also the remains of the cast-iron bridge over the Crostolo, and the servuce builldings to the complex. The bridge was built in 1847 on a project by the engineer Schlegel of Milan. Currently the building is owned by the Ferrarini family who has largely altered the internal plant by improperly turning if into a sausage factory.