Civic tower inaugurated in 1489. The Torre del Bordello was built in 1489 and it was also destined as council archive. It took the name from a close building "il castelletto" used as a brothel. It was lowered following the damages caused by the earthquake in 1832-.The height of this primitive building was of 38 meters and still to this day it is easily recognizable in the north-west corner, characterized by Canossa's sandstone. During the XVI century, the tower was raised to its current height (51 meters) in two following phases; it is shown by the traces of battlements that can be seen a little bit above the main windows.
see scheda dello IAT of Reggio Emilia