There are several archaeological finds found in the locality such as a neo-eneolithic skyscraper (1) and fragments of a clay lizard from the Roman age (2). The Tiraboschi reports a document of 888 with which the Countess Berta wife of a Count Supposes in enfiteusi the lands at the court of Fogliano to a certain Auperto of Villa Mocletulo. In 963 we have an act of donation to Bishop Ermenaldo of Reggio of goods and lands also in Fogliano. The diplomas of Ottone II (980) and Ottone III (996) confirm to the Church of Parma the "Castellum de Foliano quod noncupator Mucletum" (3). In 1070 it was a castrum of presidium of the Bishop of Reggio.At the end of the XII-th century it was given in feud to Guido Fogliani with part of the Decime della Pieve (4). The Bertolani also indicates a villa with a tower in the locality "Montacchino": the interior is in baroque style with beautiful rooms and a small chapel, the extensive cellar and provided with pillars and columns. Probably the building stands on the ancient castle (5). A diploma of Bishop Peter dated 3 August 1190 recalls the plebanat with the tithes of Gaius, Caselle (S. Giacomo di Borzano), Gavasseto, Roncadella, Sabbione, Pratissolo and Iano (6). The Parish Church of S. Colombano is included in the lists of tithes of 1302 and 1318 (7). At the beginning of the fifteenth century depended Sabbione, Roncadella, Pratissolo and Fellegara. In 1437 is united in perpetual to Borzano.The ancient Pieve was located at T. Lodola, near the railway station, where there is an oratory that remembers it. Since 1618 the parishioners, for the inconvenience of the place and the insufficiency of the building, conceived the project of founding a new Church. In 1625 the Canonica was built and in 1627 the factory was started and finished in 1663. It was a single ship, in its face, with a square choir with three altars. In 1760 the sacristy was added, followed by the facade, in 1763, by the work of Andrea Tarabusi Reggio architect and the Baptistery, in 1765, designed by Pietro Armani. Internal and external restorations were carried out in 1777 and 1780 (8).Other renovations were carried out in 1884 and in 1894, the building is lengthened with the addition of two chapels, enlarged and enlarged the rectory and redone the facade, in sober style with four pilasters and a rose window in the attic, under the direction of Canon Luigi Rossi. The church is still embellished between 1903 and 1905 (6). The interior is spacious with a single nave. In the Book of Fires of 1315 the villa includes 12 families (9); the Estimo of 1458 reports 11 fires, 150 inhabitants figure in 1594, 276 in 1665 and 351 at the end of the eighteenth century (10). From 1805 to 1815 it was an autonomous municipality with the villages of Sabbione, Gavasseto and Cazzola. With the Restoration is aggregated to Reggio (11).