The convent and the church of the Capuchin Friars Minor in Reggio Emilia were built in the seventies of the sixteenth century in a plot of land near the walls, in the area of the Porta Santa Croce, donated by the Count of Reggio Orazio Malaguzzi. The suppression of religious orders at the beginning of the nineteenth century greatly damaged the structure, then recovered and restored by the friars after the fall of the Napoleonic regime and later after a second suppression in 1866. The convent and the church were seriously damaged in the bombing of 1944.The sixteenth-century church was completely rebuilt after the war and preserves some valuable paintings by Paolo Piazza, Pietro Desani and Fra Stefano da Carpi. In the convent is housed, as well as a rich library, an interesting and varied museum, well cared for in its presentation on the web. The wing of the convent overlooking the parking lot of Piazza Vallisneri has been recently built.