We are only informed of the existence of the church of S.Zenone at the end of the thirteenth century when, with the construction of the city walls and the detour to the west of the old Crostolo course, the village grew on the left bank of the river had been incorporated into the city. It is possible that a previous building of worship existed, but we have no precise information about it. The medieval church was demolished following the enlargement of the eighteenth century (1763) by the architect Gian Battista Cattani, who however transmitted us, in his drawings, the plan of the previous structure. Following the restoration of 1970 it was possible to highlight some parts of the Romanesque church, such as a window clearly visible on the south side. The facade is from 1929.