The monastery was of the regular Canons of the order of St. Augustine and the church was dedicated to the SS. ma Trinity. When the Abbey was founded it is not certain but it appears to exist in the first half of the twelfth century; from a memorial of 1228 of the Podestà of Reggio you learn that in the church of SS. but Trinity was celebrated the first Mass by Carginale Ugone, future Pope Gregory IX (1).It was Gregory IX in 1238 to join the monasteries of Campagnola and Marola, being the latter of more remote origins, founded by Countess Matilda (2), was- as the oldest monastery appointed Head of the Order while the Rule to be observed was that of St. Augustine and the Constitutions of the Monastery of Campagnola (3).After the union the Abbot of Marola renounced his office in favour of the Prior of Campagnola; this provoked a riot that was immediately extinguished by the Pontiff. The Marola Monastery had to pay 500 imperial lira in land to the persecuted monks (4). The Abbey also had its own mill, in fact it is from 1267 a decree with which it orders the Podestà of Reggio to appoint an overlying for the works to be carried out in the channel that goes to the Molino of the Monastery of Campagnola (5).Despite the events experienced by the Badia in the eighteenth century the possessions are consistent; in fact, from an inventory of 1765 the properties amount to a thousand biolche of land divided into 10 funds all equipped with large farm buildings (6). In 1371-end sec. XIV the complex was transformed into a Castle. In 1389 Gian Galeazzo Visconti ordered that Azzo da Correggio return to the Abbot of Campagnola the Monastery and its assets. The destruction of 1379 was followed by another by the Sabbatini levels that in the eighteenth century demolished most of the Monastery to use the material in the construction of their casino in view of the two narrow streets of east and west side by side one by rows of mulberry trees died, the other of poplar cypresses(7).In 1807 the assets of the Monastery, passed to the State Property of the Department of Crostolo were sold to the Venetian Giacomo Luzzato and then arrived for nine/tenths to the Congregation of Charity of Modena and for one/tenth to Giuseppe Cavazzoli. The Church also fell into ruin until it was reduced to a simple oratory, remaining only the nave towards noon. In 1825 the bell tower was also demolished, a beautiful Gothic-Lombard building of the thirteenth century (8). It currently has a gabled facade with angular pilasters, with an architrave portal and an upper trapezoidal window. On the roof you set a simple bell tower sail. Noteworthy on the north side of the arches buffered ancient nave. On the back there is a rural building. The civil casino develops a "T" plan articulated on two levels and attic with roofing to layers composed. The lights are regular and symmetrically distributed, oval in the attic; the portal is archivolted and leads into a passageway that finds its counterpart on the other side of the building. The west-facing facade has a sober elegance. The façades are framed by angular pilasters while the eaves frame is underlined by a linear curb. On the back facade, on the main floor, there is a French window with balcony and wrought iron railing. Also noteworthy in the court is the building adjacent to elements juxtaposed in line with dead door and four-pitched roof.